Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Colour Challenged



I was invited to do a sample for this week's colour challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and I was so incredibly flattered to be asked. I was thrilled!
The colours were:
Always Artichoke
Blushing Bride
Marine Mist
And there was a desert option to do embossed frames but more than 1 per card.
I can't resist desert so I had some of that as well as playing with the colours.
I was over in the States today and on the way over my truck got x-rayed along with 5 other ones. I guess it had to do with heightened security becasue of 9/11 and I can understand that. The border guards were very nice and it all went really quickly too.
But if I'd thought about it I probably wouldn't have gone across this close to the anniversary of that horrible day.
My Tool Man and I watched a slide show on the internet and the coverage on TV about it and it still makes me want to cry, thinking about all the people that died and remembering hearing about it on the radio and then seeing it on TV when I got home from work that evening.
My heart goes out to all of the people who lost loved ones.
But since I was there I decided to pop into JoAnn's and have a look around. And while I was there this cat stamp just followed me home. I just couldn't resist her and I brought her home with me and knew that I had to use her to make one of my sample cards today.

Cat card
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Ink: SU Basic Black craft, Marine Mist, Blushing Bride, Always Artichoke
Clear embossing powder
Just a Note card
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie, Hero Arts
Ink: Memento and as above
Copics BG72 as Marine Mist with BG70 and 79, R30 with RV21 as Blushing Bride and YG 99 as Always Artichoke with YG96 and 00

No comments:

Post a Comment