Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Emergency Flutterby Instructor


This was done for Mother Mark's Teapot Tuesday Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.
This week we are visiting Coconut Creek, Florida. Butterfly capital of the world and home to the National Butterfly Behaviour Foundation.
The challenge was Top Gun inspired as well and since I am that age Top Gun and the Tom Cruise of that era made my teenage heart fo pitter patter. I knew exactly what I would do for this challenge which is about 2 out of control young butterflies wanting to do a flyby on the administrative offices to make the secretary spill her tea.
I enlisted the help of Lavinia from Kraftin Kimmie and thought that she could be the NBBF's Charlie. Maybe she could get those boys undercontrol to avoid poor Emma, the secretary, getting tea all over herself.
I took a different slant than everyone else for this challenge but I like what I came up with even if it is unconventional.
Stamps: Lavinia - Kraftin' Kimmie, Silhouettes - Stampendous, Sentiment and butterflies - MFT
Ink: Memento, SU Baha Breeze, Vintage Violet, Blue Bayou, Distress Ink Walnut Stain
Paper: Melon Mambo, Neenah Solar White
Copics: R80's for the Pink and B40's for the blue. Hair is assorted E's in the 50 and 70 range.
Extras: Tim Holtz Texture Fade, MFT Cloud Die
I stamped and coloured Lavinia and the butterflies and then cut them out. I stamped the silhouette stamps inking both of them only paritally and then masked off the skyling and sponged BB for the sky and VV and BB for the tarmac. Then I did my embossing. All the layers have WS on them to distress them. I layered everything up and there you go!

2 comments: